Here is a detail guide for you to know How much does it cost to get wisdom teeth removed? The last set of molars that usually erupt between the age of 17 and 25 are known as wisdom teeth. But, sometimes, they don’t grow up properly and cause pressure on other teeth or instigate crowding problems in the mouth. The dentists advise a person to have their wisdom teeth extracted, in case they are facing such problems. Then, this query arises how much does wisdom teeth removal cost. Here, you will find a brief guide about the removal of wisdom teeth.
When Should Wisdom Teeth be Removed:
The removal of wisdom teeth is oral surgery; many people have to encounter some points in their lives. They have to be removed when they cause oral health problems, due for the following reasons.
- Impacted teeth- when a tooth forms its mouth but never breaks through the gums are called impacted teeth. This leads to unbearable pain while eating and may cause decay due to trapped food.
- Partial Eruption- when the teeth have partially erupted, it allows bacteria to enter around the opening of the tooth, which causes swelling, chronic pain, inflammation, and infection.
- Misaligned Eruption- the gums and tissues between the last molar and the incoming molar can become pinched, which causes swelling and pain.
- Angled- if the wisdom tooth erupts at an angle, the other teeth can cause problems, which may lead to more severe dental issues.
You don’t need to decide whether you need wisdom teeth removal or not. All you need to do is discuss your problem with the dentist. He will guide you properly and help you get through the procedure.
Average Costs of Wisdom Teeth Removal:
Some people don’t experience any pain and difficulty during the eruption of wisdom teeth, but in some cases, they cause a lot of problems for which they have to be removed. The costs of wisdom teeth removal vary with the complexity of the procedure. If the tooth is extracted later than the recommended age, the surgery will take longer and also cost more. Some oral surgeons offer less cost when removing all the four wisdom teeth at once.
$75 to $250 per tooth is the average cost of wisdom teeth removal. At the same time, impacted teeth may cost about $200 to $600 per tooth. The cost of a single wisdom tooth extraction with general anesthesia sedation ranges between $600 and $1100.
Following additional charges may also include:
- Examination Charges– the first step is the proper examination of the mouth. A digital x-ray would be needed to know the exact location of the problem. It may cost around $60 to $150.
- Local anesthesia or any other thing that would be needed during an emergency or after hour appointment.
- After Care Charges– it includes prescription or gauze or ice packs.
However, wisdom teeth removal is not that cheap, but it shouldn’t be ignored. Ignoring the early signs of impacted or partially erupted teeth can become more problematic with time and may lead to more expensive and complicated treatment.